FAQ FACT SHEET
The Grace Millard Knox House
Location: 800 Delaware Ave Buffalo, NY 14209
Show House Dates:
Saturday, August 21 – Saturday, September 18, 2021
Show House Hours:
- Monday: Private Group Tours 10AM – 8PM
- August 23 and August 30
- September 7th (Tuesday) and September 13th
- Tuesday: Closed
- Wednesday – Friday: 10AM – 12:30PM & 6PM – 7:30PM
- Please note the last time slot starts at 7:30)
- Saturday: 9AM – 4:30PM
- Sunday: 9AM – 4:30PM
- $30 General Admission, pre-sale only thru Friday, August 20
- $35 General Admission, pre-sale only starting Saturday, August 21
- $40 Private Tours, pre-sale only (sales close 48 hours prior to tour date)
Parking: Parking is available at the below locations
- Behind the Decorators’ Show House (800 Delaware Ave Buffalo, NY 14209)
- United Way (742 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14209)
- Street parking is available on Barker Street
- Across the street at Temple Beth Zion (805 Delaware Ave, Buffalo, NY 14209)
- Friday evening and Weekends ONLY
Restrooms: There are guest restrooms available in the basement of the Show House.
Photography: Photography is allowed within the home. Guests are encouraged to capture their favorite moments. Please share your thoughts and inspirations on social media with #jlbshowhouse21
Audio Tour: Guests are invited to download the Show House audio tour to a mobile device. Please remember to bring your headphones.
- Thursday nights are Decorators’ Night! Come meet the local decorators who have designed the spaces throughout the Show House.
- Fridays nights are Artists Night! Come meet the local artists who have art on display and for sale throughout the Show House.
- No infants and children under 10
- No pets
- This house is not handicap accessible
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
How do I purchase tickets?
Tickets can be purchased by visiting our website https://buffalo.jl.org/show-house/decorators-show-house-tickets/
Tickets will be sold through Ticketbud only. Think Green and Go Mobile. Please consider using your mobile device to show your ticket at the door by showing the emails from Ticketbud with your tickets or uploading to your Apple Wallet. To speed up entrance, please ensure you have your tickets ready to present at check in.
I can’t figure out how to purchase tickets using Ticketbud, what do I do?
If you are unable to purchase your tickets successfully using Ticketbud, please email [email protected] or call 716-884-8865.
Why do I need the contact information for all the people I am purchasing tickets for?
You do not need the contact information for all the people you are purchasing for at the time of purchase. Simply check the box “copy this information to all ticket holders” and proceed through check out.
To add the contact information after purchase, you have the below options:
- Everyone in the party arrives at the same time to view the Show House:
- All the tickets can be accessed from the purchaser’s email or to the person it was forwarded to (if the purchaser does not have a mobile device). The party will present a single mobile device with the email showing for all tickets to be scanned for entry.
- If it is preferred, the purchaser can also transfer tickets to Apple Wallet to present at the door. (Please note that this option is for Apple users only as Ticketbud does not currently support Google Wallet technology).
- Everyone in the party arrives at different times to view the Show House:
- Go in to Ticketbud by logging in with your account or confirmation number and enter all party members contact information after purchase.
- Email the ticket confirmation email to the individuals indicating what ticket number to present at the door. Once that ticket is scanned, it cannot be scanned again.
- Transfer tickets to Apple Wallet then share with other members of the party. (Please note that this option is for Apple users only as Ticketbud does not currently support Google Wallet technology).
How do I give a member credit for my purchase?
At check out under all the information under “Ticket Holders”, there is a question to add the Member’s name. Person must put in First and Last name in the box for the JLB Member to receive credit.
What if I don’t have a mobile device?
If you do not have a mobile device to present the mobile tickets at the door, it is suggested to forward the email to a person in the party that does have a mobile device to present the tickets at the door for entry.
What is a timed ticket?
Timed tickets will give our guests access to the Show House on a specific date and time. Guests are welcome to check-in at any point during the purchased timed ticket slot and are suggested to keep their visit to 90 minutes.
What if I don’t have PayPal?
Ticketbud accepts PayPal and debit or credit cards as a form of payment.
I can’t see how many tickets I ordered prior to payment?
At checkout, there will be a drop-down on the top with the total ticket amount including fees. That dropdown will show the details of your purchase which includes the number of tickets and total dollar amount. If the details are not correct, please go back and edit your purchase. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
What if I need to change my ticket time?
Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable due to the limited tickets available each hour and day. For extenuating circumstances, please email [email protected]
The Junior League of Buffalo will not accept tickets outside of the current event date.
How long is my ticket valid?
Tickets are purchased for a single visit at a specific date and time. Tickets will not be honored outside of the specific event day.
What is the ticket refund policy?
Tickets are non-refundable and are non-transferable.
Where do I find my mobile ticket?
Once a ticket is purchased through Ticketbud, an email confirmation will be received that includes the mobile ticket. The ticket QR code will be at the bottom of the email. Please check your junk/spam folders if you are unable to find your confirmation email. Think Green and Go Mobile. Please consider using your mobile device to show your ticket at the door by showing the emails from Ticketbud with your tickets or uploading to your Apple Wallet. To speed up entrance, please ensure you have your tickets ready to present at check in.
Can I purchase tickets at the door?
Tickets will not be sold at the door. There will be signs leading to the Show House with QR Codes to purchase tickets. All current availability will be listed on the Ticketbud website by day and time. Should you need assistance, please visit the check in area to inquire if there are any open time slots available.
What is the check in process when I arrive at the Show House?
Upon arrival and to speed up entrance, please ensure you have your tickets ready to present at check in. Once you are checked in, you will be welcomed into the Show House!
Private Group Tours Information
What is a Private Group Tour?
These tours are designed for groups of 10-15 people to go through the house together. Most groups are from clubs or a large group of friends that want to come together.
Who do I contact to book a Private Tour?
If interested in booking a Monday Private Tour, please email [email protected] Private Tours will be sold online through Ticketbud. Tickets are sold on a first come first serve basis and sales cut off 48 hours prior to the date of the tour.
How many people can attend a Private Tour?
Private Tours are a small group guided by a docent and each time slot is limited to 15 people. If interested in booking for a larger group, it is suggested to purchase across several time slots.
What is the best way to secure a Private Tour time slot for an entire party?
It is best to purchase all the tickets for your party at once to ensure the time slot is secure. Tickets are available on a first come first serve basis. Tickets are non-refundable or transferable.
What if everyone’s name and email attending the Private Tour is not available at check out?
Please purchase all tickets at once to ensure you secure the time slot. You do not need the contact information for all the people you are purchasing for at the time of purchase. Simply check the box “copy this information to all ticket holders” and proceed through check out.
The Junior League of Buffalo has worked closely with the Erie County Department of Health to ensure all precautions and protocols are in place for a safe experience for our guests. Protocols will be amended as necessary following the New York State guidelines. Please see the current protocols in place below:
Due to the COVID-19 restrictions recently lifted, fully vaccinated people are not required to wear masks while visiting The Decorators’ Show House. Those not vaccinated will still be expected to wear masks and practice social distancing when possible. Hand sanitizer stations will remain throughout the Show House.